Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Advent Manger and Baby Jesus Activity


I have seen quite a few Advent crafts where children prepare for Jesus' coming by softening Jesus' manger with materials when they perform a good deed or refrain from a bad habit they once exhibited. What a great way for kids to participate in Advent by preparing themselves for Jesus' coming! However, I did not want to purchase the materials for my CCD class of nine children; It would get too expensive. So, I made my own manger and baby Jesus out of card-stock and I cut up some yellow tissue paper I had in the house to make the "hay" that softens the manger. After completing the activity, it hit me that it would be even nicer for the kids if they could write the good deeds they did on the paper being put in the manger. So, next year, I will cut strips of paper to use as the softening material so the kids can write on them and review all they did  to prepare for Jesus' coming on Christmas day. As, you can see below, I was able to fit two mangers on one printing page. Enjoy my frugal friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment