Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Joyfully Caring for My Sick Child

I kept my son home from school today since he was up a few times last night due to pain from an ear infection. During the night, I got up and gave him medication, got him a heating pad, and let him sleep next to me for comfort. In the morning, I ran with him down the stairs and rubbed his back as he was throwing up. Then, I made sure he was comfortable on the couch with a heating pad, more pain relief medicine, and a blanket. I tended to his needs for the rest of the day trying to make him feel as comfortable as possible. I did this all joyfully. I was happy to be home for him and to be available to him at his time of need. I hope one day he will look back and remember what his mom did for him when he was sick. I'm sure he will; I remember my sick days and what my mom did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment